The expansion of the SculptureCenter includes a 2,000 square foot addition to the museum’s renovated original structure. The design of the new building honors and compliments the robust steel and brick structure of the existing building, a former trolley repair shop built in 1908. A series of sixteen-foot high Cor-Ten steel panels form the building’s new facade, more aptly establishing the building’s presence on Purves Street, addressing the SculptureCenter’s long time need for a better and more public entrance to the galleries. Behind this facade, a new entry court and entryway join the new building and the existing structure. The new building contains an entry lobby, a ticketing area, a bookshop, a coatroom, restroom facilities, and various gallery spaces. The new entry sequence allows for arrival, orientation, and a slow, curated revealing of the art, culminating in the spaces of the original building. In this manner, the full potential of the adaptive re-use of an old industrial structure is allowed by the nuanced and calibrated interventions and support spaces of the new building.