Crosby Hall is a Neo-Georgian building designed by E.B. Green, constructed in 1931 at the South Campus of the University at Buffalo. While clad in stone, the building is a modern steel frame construction. Originally designed to house the School of Business and Management, the facility is currently home to the undergraduate studios of the School of Architecture and Planning.
We are currently working with the State University Construction Fund and the University to perform a complete exterior restoration and an interior gut renovation to the facility. Existing cellular classroom and administration areas are being replaced in favor of open, flexible, and multipurpose spaces that align with the School of Architecture’s operating and pedagogical goals. Layers of the building envelope are selectively peeled back to reveal the underlying steel structure. All building elements will be upgraded with state-of-the-art, energy efficient equipment and systems, with the project scheduled for LEED Gold certification. New site improvements, including the introduction of two new plazas, are part of the project design.